Hello & help

CarolineCBCarolineCB Posts: 15

Hello,

I'm new to forum, and to gardening, so please be excuse my ignorance.

We have just moved to a new home, and it has a lovely garden.  I would like to keep it that way, so I'm going to need to learn fast.  I know nothing about caring for gardens, but I do want to learn. 

I have an ancient gardening book which is helping me to ID some of the plants.  If I can find the names, I can trawl the internet to find out how to care for them.  There are some that aren't in my book, and I need help to ID them.  I've tried plant ID resources on the web, but it's very hit and miss. 

This is the first one I'm struggling with.  Please could someone tell me what it is?  

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/9040457657_63940ecf17.jpg

Thank you image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,220

Phuopsis stylosa. Interesting smell from this even in winter, I like it. 

• Welcome Caroline CB image

Sorry, rude of me. Hello Caroline image

• CarolineCBCarolineCB Posts: 15

Thank you very much for the ID, and for the lovely welcome.

I've ordered myself some new books, so hopefully, I won't keep hassling you for IDs.  I can't make the same promise about repeated pleas for advice though image

It's such a lovely little garden, I don't want to let it down. 

• We love to see pics of other peoples gardens and plants on here Caroline. No one ever minds helping with whatever. I am waiting for the day I can help someone ID something.....but if I do know it then at least 4 other people have given its name first image

There are a certain number of us (and I'm one of them) that love the challenge of a plant ID

• KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

Hello Caroline CB. Ask away, I don't know as much as some on the forum but love the challenge.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,168

Hello Caroline and welcomeimage Ask away; ther will always be someone who knows

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

Hi Caroline and welcomeimage,there is a wealth of knowledge on this site,I have learnt so much