Plastic greenhouse

Can anyone help,  I have a new plastic greenhouse with tomatoe plants inside, the roof of same is covered permanently with flys and insects, how can I get rid of them without killing the plants!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,618

Don't worry about them - they like the warmth - some of them will help pollinate your plants image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • milly1 wrote (see)

Can anyone help,  I have a new plastic greenhouse with tomatoe plants inside, the roof of same is covered permanently with flys and insects, how can I get rid of them without killing the plants!

Why do you need or want to milly?

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

Don,t worry about them,as Dove says you need some insects to help with pollination.

• Still, if you really want to get rid of them (like I had some flies up there that were really annoying), get one of those sticky hanging fly-papers and hang it up at the top of your greenhouse, just out of the way of your hair and it should help considerably.

• I second Gawaihyrin's suggestion above, a few yellow sticky traps will catch them, as it's usually the flies and midges, rather than the pollinators that hang around up there. 

Heres a link 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Growing-Success-Green-House-7-Piece/dp/B001P3WWMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457523247&sr=8-1&keywords=Sticky+yellow+traps