Winter

Http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/611100/Winter-2015 Prepare now for the worst winter in 50 years. Shock UK long range weather forecast for this winter. Four months of heavy snows. James madden forecaster Exacta weather 13 October

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,176

Mr Madden says

"The upcoming week will remain largely settled and dry for many parts of the UK as high pressure dominates....... This will also bring some cold evenings with the development of varying frosts, in particular, in some rural parts of the country with temperatures often dropping below freezing, and there will also be some fog or potentially dense fog patches developing at times. However, it will feel very pleasant in the best of any developing sunshine, but variable cloud cover will often hinder this and some light rain or drizzle could develop in places at times, and even more so to some eastern areas."

It sounds like he's stating the blindingly obvious to me.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,245

Well! He sounds a very clever man, shall we get him a place on mastermind Sybil, stating the bl*****g obvious.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,474

Surprise surprise this time every year the Express spreads doom and gloom about the forthcoming winter. 

Wrap up warmer, turn on the heating, wear sensible shoes, make comforting and nourishing hot meals, put a thicker duvet on, insulate your greenhouse.

It might be colder than average, it might be a bit milder - prepare for the worst and hope for the best - that's my mantra and it's not failed me yet image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,902

We must be getting two bad winters since there's two threads the same....image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,631

if the express does something, it likes to overdo it

Devon.

Yes Hosta - and there's bound to be another article about Princess Diana to go with it....image image

tee hee, that's exactly what I was thinking about

Devon.

my forecast is that it'll be horrible, cold, horrible, wet,horrible, frosty, horrible, dark, horrible, too long, horrible and everyone will look as miserable as me. 

Did I say it'll be horrible?

Devon.

Never....

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 5,005

It sells newspapers that's why - they roll out almost exactly the same front page every year.

And they've been spot on twice in the last 50yrs image

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.