what is this leaf..?

jean6jean6 Posts: 157

I have small tree like  plant in a big pot..leaf on left is Birch..mine is on the right..No idea what it is...can anyone shed any light on this..!

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener LeicsPosts: 6,504

Might be one of the poplars?  Are the leaves opposite or alternate?  Same colour underneath?

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • jean6jean6 Posts: 157

will go take more photos..back soon..image

I did`nt plant this..it was supposedly seed pkt my daughter brought back from spain..but whether its that that grew I`ve no idea...otherwise I can only think that somehow a seed got into pot which was`nt in the garden & potted into small pot 1st..last year..

maybe this is slightly clearer ..

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener LeicsPosts: 6,504

Hi jean, I've changed my mind - I think it's another Birch, perhaps a different kind to the other one.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,255

Looks like birch to me

• How did you put a picture on here? I want to ask a question and not sure how to add a picture?? 

Help?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,255

Have you got a little tree in the tool bar above the type your message box?

click on that and follow the instructions

• It isn't hibiscus is it? it looks familiar but I can't think where from. I am not up to speed with tree leaves....

How intriguing!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,806

I did wonder about hibiscus - but it wouldn't have survived the last winter would it?

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !