Forum home Tools and techniques

Where to buy

After watching Gardeners World a couple of weeks ago I set out to maintain what can only be described as a dismal, weed riddled, thatch laden lawn. Never one to take the easy option, I have decided to tackle it with gusto! The one item I have been unable to locate is the scarifier rake as shown on the programme. Any ideas where to buy?




  • shazza3shazza3 Posts: 106

    is that the one that has long prongs for raking up moss and stuff ???

    if so, i have one that i've never used in my garage that you can have.


    don't suppose you live in Swansea, South Wales by any chance do you ????

  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 81,360

    This is what I use also available on Amazon and from Notcutts garden centres and many other places. image

    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

  • fred#60fred#60 Posts: 58

    You can hire professional scarifiers, the best is a sisis rotorake as i`ve used them on many occasions including professionally. You are best not to use them during really hot weather as it can stress the grass out and make sure you can water the lawn after.

  • floreroflorero Posts: 21

    Agree with fred#60 here, not the weather right now & don't buy one if you're still experimenting, just hire it - but brace yourself for a tough day's work!

  • steephillsteephill Posts: 2,586

    I use a Mantis with dethatching attachment - 4th one down on this page Even with a machine it is hard work but the amount of material it pulls out is amazing and a little frightening image.

Sign In or Register to comment.