Forum home Plants

Watercress...would you....

• Thanks 1Runnybeak1image

• Kim63Kim63 Posts: 15

Thank you Runnybeak.... I'm looking forward to seeing/tasting the outcome.... I make a lot of watercress soup winter or summer.

Flowerlover....This will be the first time that I have grown it..... 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Runnybeak.....I intend on sowing the seeds in my veg boxes.....once though and of  a reasonable size do they have to be kept quite wet or just water normally?

Sorry RB.... Didn't explain that very well I've a feeling I may have  left you with a vision of a windown box type container.... Here's a pic of some of my veg boxes.... yes a little TLC is needed this year.

• Hello Folks, I am new on here. 

I have grown watercress this year for the first time. I just shook half a packet of seeds where I had taken  the old tomato  plants out of the greenhouse and they came up within 10 days. They are same brand as shown earlier in  this post. The watercress is amazing and still expanding.  I intend to let it stay in the greenhouse too but I may have to contain it a bit as its spreading quickly. I live in a chilly part of the Chilterns.

Vikki

• I pick fresh leaves from the watercress growing in my pond but I also grow in a cold GH - provided the tray is kept wet, the plants seem to thrive and offer some salad pickings to go with the late lettuce, etc.

Well worth growing IMOimage