Forum home Problem solving

Aconitum and hardy geranium turning brown!!

Hello! I would appreciate some thoughts on my poor aconitum and hardy geraniums, which are developing brown leaves low down.  The thing is, the hardy geranium is the Mrs Kemdall Clarke variety which has very similar looking leaf shape to the aconitum, kind of multi lobed, pointy looking leaves, quite delicate.  I wonder if they have the same thing as they are next to each other in the bed, even though they are different plants?  No other plants are affected at all.  The geraniums did the same thing last year so I am wondering fungal spores which have reactivated this growing season, but that is a guess.  I also wondered about dryness as it is a dry area of the bed but then we have had rain and I have watered, and that certainly did not apply last summer! Any ideas are very welcome as to how to deal with this.  Many thanks!

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 26,974

My aconitums are always brown at the bottom. I only grow them in case I need to poison someone, they don't look that great

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 50,143
    nutcutlet wrote (see)

My aconitums are always brown at the bottom. I only grow them in case I need to poison someone, they don't look that great

nut....image

I had Mrs K. Clarke in a very dry inhospitable site near trees and was never a problem. 

That's not really much help is it? Sorry image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...