Please help ID these trees.

Hello,

Please excuse the basic question but this is not something I know anything about. Could somebody ID these two tree species for please:

Many thanks

Steven

• granmagranma Posts: 1,598

Hi Steven., the top one looks like an ash, not sure about the other , but wondered if the other is a Rowan. Can you send a picture of the tree ?

• The tree that the bottom one came from was no more than about 8 ft tall and is in wood near us that has a lot of large oak trees. There are a lot of these smaller trees growing around the oaks. All are small, look relatively young and I cant see a mature one around at all.

They have smooth bark, straight trunks and no flowers or seeds on them.

I can try and get a picture if you think it will help.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,230

that would help. trunk and branches as well. They give the 'feel' of the tree more than just a .leaf

• Is this any good:

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,230

I don't recognise these g_m but my lack of answer will get your question up to the front page again

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,612

And I'll do the same image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,115

Looks like an ash tree.

• Is the first picture definitley of an Ash?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,612

It looks like an ash to me - and the picture of the sapling looks like an ash to me too, and we have two mature ash trees in our garden image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • If they are both Ash trees, how come the leaves are different?