Forum home Plants

And Finally, Unidentified shrub 3

2»

• JcblueJcblue Posts: 42

I have a pittosprum that flowered for the first time I've seen this year, they are really tiny but I had loads clumped together & they look amazing, I loved it even before it flowered image & the second one I think is a veriegated weigela which has pink flowers on it

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

...don't forget to walk near your Pittosporum around dusk/evenings as those little chocolate flowers give off a delightful and powerful scent that wafts through the air around... you might wonder just where it's coming from...

• hollytreehollytree Posts: 36

It's been a very hard winter for a shrub like a Pittosporum.  It's probably just feeling a bit weathersore (as we all are by now!).  Give it a tonic like a liquid feed to buck it up if you like, especially if you've had a lot of rain in your area over the winter/spring as the soil might be leached of nutrients and then top dress it with some nice compost and it should be grateful for that but it looks pretty good considering.

• JcblueJcblue Posts: 42

Do you think that could be why it's flowered hollytree? I've never seen ours flower before