Are these lavender plugs acceptable or DOA?

Steve BSteve B Posts: 16

Would appreciate some advice please...

I ordered some lavender plug plants and when they arrived they were very brown/grey, a bit mouldy and a few seemed completely dead.

I rang up and complained and they sent me some more which arrived yesterday - these ones are even worse than the first lot!

I have never ordered lavender plugs before so Im not exactly sure what I should be expecting but these look pretty poor to me - what do you think?

- I ordered 36 (6 packs) and have taken photos of 2 packs which are representative...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/anotherspirit/IMG_1439.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/anotherspirit/IMG_1438.jpg

Im inclined to compalin and get my money back this time but before I give someone an earful I thought I'd better check first just in case they always look like this!

• fritzfritz Posts: 1

Absolutely agree get your money back. I am hearing similar stories from friends and family who have ordered plug plants of different sorts. All have had replacements or money back. It's been a difficult year for everyone I think, sellers as well as buyers

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,196

I would say you have every right to complain.  These are the plugs I received a fortnight ago - and although they are much smaller, it is what yours should look like:

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,233

Name and shame

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • Steve BSteve B Posts: 16

Thanks for your feedback everyone - confirmed my suspicions...

Spoke to a very nice lady who was sincerely apologetic and refunded my money (although it should be noted she was a "middlewoman" - not the end supplier...)

@chicky - they look much better! would you mind telling me where you got yours? Need to find a good supplier and buy some more!

• MuddyForkMuddyFork Posts: 375

last months GW mag had an offer on lavender that is still open.  48 plants for just £5.60 postage

• You need to get in quick for the GW plug plants.  Go to T&M website and type in GW668, that will take you to the GW offers page.  You can then decide if you want 24 plants for £4.30 postage, or 48 for £5.60 postage.  I think the offer is on until the 14th June, but lots of the monthly offers end on the last day of the month - today.

The T&M plants will be very small, but everything I've had from there has been small and healthy.

• Steve BSteve B Posts: 16

That sounds worryingly good! 

Thanks for heads up Muddy and Mummy - 48 lavendar on the way!

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,196

Mine were the 48 "free" offer from GW mag - been really pleased with themimage

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • hollie hockhollie hock Posts: 3,344

They look very poor Steve, good result that you got your money back. Some of them look like as if they can be saved though.