Greenhouse lighting

hi wonder if anyone can help, I want to be able to do some potting etc in the greenhouse but need lighting everything I can see is propagating lighting but I just really want a light, I am probably going to put some kind of heat in there. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance 

• I saw a top tip on another thread and couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it myself. Solar lighting if you don't have power to your GH. The chap was talking about ones with motion sensors and they were on Amazon. I'll see if I can find the details.

• http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002GN4WGM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1G2BJWG99N25Z 

Here's the link to Amazon but shop around and you may find something that suits your GH better. I've also bumped "dream potting shed" for you.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,739
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • It's easy to forget, but as your greenhouse is made of glass the light doesn't have to be inside! It may be easier to fit a cheap outdoor lamp.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,643

Do you have an electricity supply in the GH? If not, then camping lights are good. If you do then you can plug in the sort of lamp that you can walk about with that builders use. I have a portable fluorescent light plugged into my GH socket and I've attached it to the roof.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Thanks we do have power so I think a fluorescent tube along the ridge would work? Does anyone see an issue with that?

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,739

Providing there are no drips of water leaking in.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Mm think I might go for camping type light, or workman type thing and hang it from the ceiling.

• dontydonty Posts: 5

Hi, I was just looking through the site for advice on a light for a greenhouse And came across your post. I'm doing what you were asking advice for a couple of years back, a straight forward light for seeing, and was wondering if you had any joy in finding a solution? 

• Hi in then end I went for a fluorescent tube light, I did try solar lights they were okay but not really bright enough!