ID please

Can anyone ID this shrub? The flowers are wedgewood blue in whorls on a stiff, rough stem. The shrub is about 1m high, slightly wider spread.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures

Many thanks

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,199

No idea Jackie but this will bump the thread up and someone else might be able to help. 

It does look vaguely familiar though, but as I don't like pale blue flowers, it's not likely I'd  know it  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,089

not a shrub, herbaceous clematis.

Clematis heracleifoliaimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,670

I was just going to say that Nut image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

image Dove

• Thank you!  I've heard of it but never seen one for real, now I have

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,199

nutcutlet - she's good isn't she, Jackie?  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

image Fairy

should have a good scentimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,670

We had one growing over a tree root outside the office - planted by our manager who had a lovely garden image  That's the first one I took notice of - I'm hoping to find space for one here when one of our big trees is felled ... as you say Nut, lovely scent image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• It took me by surprise. I'm working in a new garden and I suddenly noticed it behind a golden Philadephus. The P. is coming out as it's too big for it's spot and the clematis will be able to show off next year. Now the challenge is to think of something to replace the P.