Forum home Fruit & veg

I neeeeed Rhubarb

Hi all. Being fan of crumble and rhubarb and ginger jam, I feel that planting my own rhubarb is a necessity. 

My cousin has some which is the best I've ever tasted but she got it from somone who got it from someone .....

What do "the wise ones" recommend? I would like a variety that is as untart as possible please and that tastes like rhubard. Sometimes I just dip it in sugar and eat it like a lolly!image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,238

Could you not lean gently on your cousin's arm and ask for a bit?image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • She's very far away but I could possibly bribe her with lunch. That's how much my Jasmine cost.image It took three of us to put it in the car! I was expecting a small slip!!! Maybe I should start smaller this time...tea and biscuits.image

I feel my fillings squeaking at the very thort.image

• Old school Verdun! White sugar, real butter, realising that often when things are "improved" they go back to how they were originally.

Apparently they've come up with the innovative idea of putting boards on the sides of lorries to stop cyclists going under them. How very novel and inventive. In my mum's day they were called dog boards and they had them on every tram and trolley bus in Belfast. Go figure!!!!

• I know I know image My Dentist, Miss Jones (she's neither miss nor jones but hey ho!) who over many years has taken me from being a jibbering wreck to so relaxed it's not funny, has tried her very best but I can't help it. I'm mostly amalgam.image