i have just bought an x hose, but it is threaded at the tap end,  i tried homebase bq and plumbase to see if i could get an adaptor fitting that will fit on to  a hozelock tap adaptor but no joy.it looks as if the x hose will only connect to an outside tap threaded ,which i dont have.i live in a four in a block upstairs and ran previous hose out of the bathroom window. anyone know anyone with an xhose who has experienced similarproblems.

• i have a hozelock tap adapttor fitted on my bathroom cold tap,with male end protruding from tap standard. i gave old hose and reel away and paid £89.99 for this new fangled expanding hose and they dont even supply you with an adaptor for standard hozelock fittings, i saw a conversionkit for amixer tap that would leave it threaded at the tip but i dont have a mixer tap.

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

There is a hozelock web site which sells all sorts of odd and older size threaded hosewashers for taps, got some for our old outdoor tap last year.  Not expensive and quick service. 

• cheers, ive sent a email to hozelock explaining the problem. the girl at x hose is sending out an adaptor but is not sure if its the right one

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

that's what happened here, when the first wasn't right, they sent me another which did work - hope it goes well for you too. 

• SerisSeris Posts: 1

The following item has been advertised on Amazon this week:
    Garden Expandable Stretch Hose Adaptors Connector Quick Connect Tap and Spray Appliance

This product is designed with X-hose or compatible in mind

Follow the link for additional details

Hope this helps -

Regards - Seris

• I have just ordered some fittings and hose from Amazon they have a very large hozelock selection with pictures and comments also reviews, find it very good worth a look.

I have the misfortune to be in upstairs flat so have to use kitchen sink filling buckets.etc.

• I got the xhose but needed a Hozelock 2177 adapter which fits to my kitchen tap but not the xhose, so now I need a Hozelock-to-Xhose adapter. I'm ordering the item from the amazon link above and hoping to heck it works! 

• KT53KT53 Posts: 2,094

Just be very careful when fitting the adaptor to the xhose.  If you damage the xhose fitting it can't be repaired!!

• greenearsgreenears Posts: 1

What you need is a Hozelock flat hose connector 2170. Made for the job.

• stevie4stevie4 Posts: 1
    When i connect my xhose inner hose to the fitting when I turn on the tap the water pressure makes the hose come off there seems nothing to secure hose on to the fitting unlike other standard hose fittings which have a threaded tightener any solutions cheers
  • Can anyone tell me if I could use the x hose from the kitchen taps please? I don't have an outside tap and all I can find is about mixer taps. If not can anyone recommend a hose that would fit on to kitchen tap. Thank you

• SoutraSoutra Posts: 1

• JPeaJPea Posts: 1

I have the same problem with my hose as above.  The pressure blows the hose away from the tap fittings.  I am sooo in the poo from my husband now.  Does anyone know how to secure the hose securely so it doesn't drip water?

• My x-hose hes just burst! A hole has appeared and the pressure stops me from using it. Any ideas on a repair please.  Thanks Ted

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

I believe they are unrepairable Ted, sorry image

• LandlubberLandlubber Posts: 396

those Xhoses are a waste of cashimage

The slightest cut in them, or thorn and they burst

I don't normally praise a product, but thev hoselock hose is still the bestimage