Forum home Talkback

Choisa cuttings

Has anyone been successful taking cuttings from choisa Sundance, and is it the right time I've been ok with rosemary and lavender in the past but I reckon the are easy  just stuck them in the soil and crossed my fingers image

• Yes, I took some when an inherited shrub blew down in a gale.  It was some time ago but I think it was probably a bit earlier........maybe July/Aug ?

Nice bushy shrub now which flowered this year.

Take as many as you can.........the theory being that at least 1 will rootimage

• l 'll have a go philippa only my time wasted and that's not expensive these days image

• Which Sumner Verdun this one or next image

• Thanks tetley I'm nothing if not a tryerimage meant to be a nice day tomorrow so it's gardening all the way

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,159

I had a lovely choisya that died after a very severe frost - -32C - which killed off other shrubs too.  Have't bought another as I didn't want to risk it again but a kind friend gave me a small shrub this spring, grown from a cutting and it now has pride of place in a pot in the terrace so I can shelter it over winter.

In other words, cuttings are possible.  Good luck.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw