Frog Sanctuary

A surprise today out in the garden- moving some rocks around a neglected area- a huge frog jumped out (my neighbour has a small pond) I have now made the area into a frog sanctuary out of what I saw as a lot of weeds, stones and garden waste. I was also inspired by some advice in the 'how to' section on creating a place for animals out of hedge clipping, leaves etc. Even better while doing this I found the perfect place along side to make my frog wintering trench. This has come about mainly because the council here has increased the cost of the green bins to a silly amount that I cant afford. I am pleased that I could create something in my wild garden for frogs because I cant really grow anything well here except in pots but I can protect some wildlife. And I just love frogs!! I will put up some photos if I can figure out how to do it.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,262

click on the tree, ( why it's not a camera is beyond us all ) and follow the instructions to add photos.

Devon.
  • Good for you Pippin..........the frogs are moving out of ponds now..........makes walking in the garden turn into hop, skip and jump.......me as well as the frogsimage

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,718

You can't do it from an iPhone though Pippin.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,053

Got your email Pippin, (will reply later) but send me pics if you can't post them. I'll put them onimage

• Hi-

Am I daft or what - what tree icon? I have clicked on and nothing happens. I also tried using my gallery- I cant find a location for my gallery on my profile??

Will do it from my computer - but its not that big a deal!
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,718

It's easiest from iPads, do you have the tree icon, if you are using a tablet you may have to load Chrome.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.