Forum home Plants

What'll I do with me hostas

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Eeeeee that's 8 we have between us. If they weren't all the same we could apply to hold the national collection! image Hostafan we're coming after you!!

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,878

Devon.
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

You will need to bring tools if you come after Hosta, lots of work always to do.

the offer still stands of me digging them up for you, save the knee...

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,023

I have a couple of dozen big ones in the ground, a dozen or so smaller Gold Edgers which grow and split very easily and another couple of dozen in display pots plus a dozen or so babies in pots to give away or swap.

I do my splitting in spring when the noses show and sell spares at a charity plant sale.

Hostafan - have you thought of offering your spares to a charity sale or taking them to a car boot sale?  Or even seeing if people on here would home them for you?

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Lorna95Lorna95 Posts: 436

Hostafan1, my husband always moans saying I have to many Hosta's and that I have no where for them, I only have 52. Well I thought I had a lot but I not compared to you. Your so lucky, I love hosta's, I can't believe how many you have. image

• Put your fingers in your ears!!!

• Lorna95Lorna95 Posts: 436

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,878

I met a guy this year whose garden I visited last year. He's just passed 1,500 different varieties.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMiVUWUktRk

Devon.
  • What's the wee face for stunned silence?