Forum home Problem solving

Runner Beans

2»

• cowslip2cowslip2 Posts: 137

Agree with lazy gardener, go steady on the slug pellets, just a few around the plants. By the way, your beans will most likely regrow from the base, that is yet another benefit from runner beans.

• Thanks for your help.

As I have a leave mulch around the plants would it be best to remove this before I put the pellets down or, just sprinkle on top of the mulch?

• lazy gardenerlazy gardener Posts: 317

Sprinkle on top -but do not go mad-just a few does the jobimage

Prevention always better than cureimage

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

They will grow 2 shoots from the base, so perhaps the slugs have done you  a favour, saves you picking them out.

Please go easy on the slug pellets, i only put about 4/5 per plant if that. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• bigolobbigolob Posts: 127

Lazygardener I was being facetious and NOT intending to suggest that I was putting a 1 foot deep layer of slug pellets around the beans!!

• Andrew Kenneth wrote (see)

Thanks for your help.

As I have a leave mulch around the plants would it be best to remove this before I put the pellets down or, just sprinkle on top of the mulch?

Andrew Kenneth wrote (see)

Thanks for your help.

Lyn wrote (see)

They will grow 2 shoots from the base, so perhaps the slugs have done you  a favour, saves you picking them out.

Please go easy on the slug pellets, i only put about 4/5 per plant if that. 

I'm a bit lost now .What do you mean by picking them out?

This is how they started out::::

Will go easy on pellets...

Sorry for my ignorance