replicating a little of what i saw

kev vankev van Posts: 72

i recently went to Cornwall and saw on the cliffs some plants growing around some rocks and i liked its simpleness. now i live in Southend so i'm not sure if its possible to grow what i saw but would like some help trying to identify what i saw and whether they would grow good here.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,244

The pink ones are thrift (armeria) and the yellow is probably tufted vetch. That is definitely vetch, probably tufted. They like sharp drainage but aren't difficult otherwise

• kev vankev van Posts: 72

Thanks nutcutlet for ur quick repsonse 

Quick but inaccurate kev. Try kidney vetch. Tufted is one of the blue/purple ones

But thank you again nutcutlet you was always closer at identifying them than me. 

Check them out on line kev. There are some wonderful native flowers that will grow in your garden

Anyone know where i can get these as plants now? i done a search and only seem to find seeds. was hoping to make a mini rockface  and plant these with some very low grass or moss on a bonsai tray

I will do nutcutlet. i love rockeries already have one raised one and one in a  trough tho these plants from the garden centre now im thinking of stuff i like when i walk about and see if i can have a little of that