Forum home The potting shed

Plant markers

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,544

No gardening today for me because I went to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime at the theatre. While there, stopped for a coffee and cake and saw that the cutlery was all made of birchwood. Too nice to throw away. It occurred to me that they would make pretty plant labels. So I wrapped them up in a paper napkin and brought them home. Bag lady or what?image

Anyway, they are for sale all over the place online but they look like these, which I think might be the cheapest.

http://www.makro.co.uk/compost-me-wooden-forks-x100.html?gclid=CJy2iNrTkMgCFUNAGwodDNUNHg

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,145

Look good pansyface  image

Would you use them spiky end up or put that end in the ground - or would it depend on what you wanted to keep away from the plants as well?  image image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,544

Hmm, I have kebabbed myself on a skewer once so I think pointy side down for me. There are some rather nifty little steak knives too.image

I thought they might look quite pretty at plant sales or with a message on them with presents.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,922

You can buy wooden tongue depressors, as used by doctors, fairly easily, [ I believe ] on line, which should be good. I haven't tried them myself.

He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver

I wonder if they recycle them?imageimage