Box plants in Containers

To my shame I have neglected some box plants in containers.  They are far from green and are rather yellow.  Can I save them by transplanting into the border and what might a good feed be for them? I would like to give them (and me) a second chance!

• jo4eyesjo4eyes Posts: 2,032

Planting them in a border soil is probably the best, but depending on how long they've been in the containers & how big they may be could make the job of digging out a large enough planting hole quite a task.

I've got 2 quite elderly box plants in containers that do need repotting. Instead I have removed a couple of inches of the top of the old compost & replaced it with new stuff- mine in this case, but John Innes no3 for permanent plants would be the best if you have to buy it in.

I'll also take some cuttings in June, when I do the trim & that gives me new plants for when I do need to replace the originals. J.

• What is the cause of healthy Box plant leaves turning yellow in a container? Would very much welcome any thoughts, ideas, and suggestions, anyone can share, as ours has been watered, re-housed into a decent size pot, and kept out of strong direct sunlight in this very warm weather. Hopefully, we can save it, but really do need to know the best course of action to take.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 2,843
    If it is a yellowy orange colour, then it needs feeding, if you haven't already done so. If its more yellow than orange, then I would hazard a guess that just maybe it could be water logged, e.g the water isn't draining away. If it's neither of those two suggestions, then I'm afraid I don't know. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 3,394
    My initial thought was it needs feeding. Any chance of a photo please ?
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 187
    Or box blight?