What is this plant

Elaine59Elaine59 Posts: 6

I have 3 plants in my garden that are driving me mad, the reason being is I don't know what they are. They are very woody and have a spread of about 90cm, the leaves are thin and about 6cm covering most of the stalks and they have a dark pink/purple spikes made up of small flowers. I know it is not a Buddlia, but it driving me mad not knowing what it is, my other half had thrown out the labels when we planted them. Please can any one help.

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,827

Much easier to help if you could mange a picture, leaves and fowers in close up if possible please.

• Elaine59Elaine59 Posts: 6

Will do, thanks for your quick response .

These are the plants i am trying to identify HELP!!!!!

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,244

Erysimum 'Bowles Mauve' Lovelky thing, easy to make more from cuttings

• flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

looks a lovely plant.

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,827

They beat me to it.

• granmagranma Posts: 1,598

These look good with the orange and lemon wallflower type plants . I say wallflower type as I have them in my garden but I dint think they are wall flowers . maybe the same plant (erisimum )  in differant colours . I will check it up as Ive never known what they are - but they do come each year and are beautifuly eye catching.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,101

They are perennial wall flowers, only live a few years so best to take cuttings, Erysimum, Bowles Mauve, as Nutcutlet says. The other wallflowers used for bedding are biennuals, cheiranthus cheiri, but it's all the same family, brassicas.

• witchwitch Posts: 30

They are Greek wall flowers I believe , very easy to take cuttings , I have the mauve and yellow and now a verigated.

A big thanks to everyone fotheir help much appreciated.