Please can someone Identify this pumpkin/squash cultivar?

Thanks guys! i might be boring but no one has a clue here 

• Ryan........check out Vegetable Spaghetti Squash.  If it is this one, it won't be any good for making Pumpkin Pie.

Unfortunately, unless it rings a bell with what you were given, you aren't going to know until you cut it open.  Still very edible but no pie I'm afraidimage

• Phillipa can I ask another quick question what's the difference inside between a squash and a pumpkin image this family is very confusing they all look the same 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,916

As I understand it, summer squashes are used under ripe, don't have very hard skins and don't store as well as hard skinned winter squash. Pumpkins are a type of winter squash, but are usually orange and ribbed.. Other than that, they are the same family. I think there is a certain amount of overlap.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • So I think it's either a pumpkin of some sort or the spaghetti squash, well they are the most names people have come up with I guess I better wait till I harvest it