what does your garden mean to you

mushermusher Posts: 389
For me its spiritual, a small place where time stands still. Where the rest of this frantic world with out notice beyond my natures hedges goes whirling by.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,149

Just the best place in the world.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,607

The place that enabled me to get over the worst of my depression and gave me the belief that there was still something that I could do well.

Much of my life has not returned to normal, but the garden keeps me happy [ ish ] and gives my life purpose.

Hope that doesn't sound to miserable.

Time is never time at all
    You can never ever leave
    Without leaving a piece of youth
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,858

doc - it's everything you want it to be and encourages looking forward rather than back. I hope it will do that for you more and more  image

I'm with you re being creative Verd. That's really the bit I enjoy most.

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,622

all of the above.

Let's hope you get a lot more from it Punkdoc.

And no, it didn't sound miserable.

Devon.
  • Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

Yes definitely a sanctuary, I don't care about the house nearly as much as the garden. We built a summer house with a woodburner in at the bottom so we can get away from it all and enjoy it in summer and winter. The minute I get back from work I go and look at the garden image

• RedwingRedwing Posts: 875

It is a place of work, a place of rest, a place of dreams........these days I am a wild gardener encouraging  birds  is a top priority.

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,692

Reading all the above has put a smile on my face... living with a non-gardener I sometimes feel I have to justify my obsession, but not with you lot cos you absolutely understand.  image

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,692

My OH does have redeeming features though... we've been together 40 years.  image

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • mushermusher Posts: 389
    Yes Liriodendron, l can relate to that.If their not interested in gardening. Heaven and earth couldn't shift em