Laurel tree troubleshooting

Jon leggJon legg Posts: 4

Hi all, I bought these trees last year around September time. They have been growth e ground for a couple of months now I water them regularly, I have put miracle grow on them but still no development. 2 out of the bunch gone fine both at either ends, the rest are struggling which makes me think possibly over watered.

advice would be great.

• Jon leggJon legg Posts: 4

• steephillsteephill Posts: 511

Well they look rather dead. I don't think they needed Miraclegro at this stage. How much have you used on them?

• Thems some dead laurels boy

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,730

You bought them in September and planted them in February - where were they during all the freezing cold weather we had?

It looks to me as if their roots were damaged by the very low temperatures - plants in pots are much more vulnerable to frost damage because their roots are susceptible.  

I think the combination of frost damage and over-watering has done them in I'm afraid.

Time to start again. image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,751
    auntie betty wrote (see)

Thems some dead laurels boy

Think that pretty much sums it up Jon image

to walk through a forest is to touch the past

I don't understand then? Are we saying they are no longer treatable?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,246

One of the more advanced forms of death methinks.

If you've got any that are still green, stop watering & miracle groing and give them a chance to recover if they will.

When were they planted?