greenhouse stawberrys

little-annlittle-ann Posts: 879
i have some strawberry's in flower in the greenhouse as there are no insects about should i try to pollinate them with a child's paint brush or is there another way

• LeggiLeggi Posts: 489
    They are apparently self fertile but need the action of wind/insects to move the pollen on the flower. Gently brushing the flowers should be more than adequate.
  • little-annlittle-ann Posts: 879
    thank you , i hall go out with my brush
  • You'll be able to tell how successful you've been quickly, as the small fruit forms just behind the flower, I think they start to show in around a week.

thank you,after watching Beechgrove i planted them in grow bags in summer last year and they were fine because the door and vents were open, i didn't expect them to flower so early this year
  • I'd give them a liqiud feed as soon as the blossom starts to drop, the grow bags will be pretty depleted by now.

• scotkatscotkat Posts: 196

I am growing strwaberries inmy greenhouse in an old wahign machine drum.

yes thank you i had that in mind, i did feed last year. i understood that three years was the optimum time to keep them in the grow bags they look very healthy so fingers crossed for an early cropimage

i thought i would share my greenhouse strawberries with you

• marshmellomarshmello Posts: 683

Strawberries grown undercover fruit sooner than those outdoors. Looking fab !

• muddy maremuddy mare Posts: 106

had a handfull for breakfast the other day always pot up a few and put in green house for early pickings imageyours look great making mouth water