1st early Potateo's

Hi all

Just advice really, ive planted my 1st early's out under a cloche about 2 weeks ago and was just wondering if anyone has seen any signs off life yet from shoots or am i being impatient. image

• WeeDeecWeeDeec Posts: 12

I havent event planted mines yet - weather has been awful.

I think the season is about 4-5 weeks behind... (so I've been told, several times!)

• Nicholas Hollingshead wrote (see)

Hi all

Just advice really, ive planted my 1st early's out under a cloche about 2 weeks ago and was just wondering if anyone has seen any signs off life yet from shoots or am i being impatient. image

You are being impatient-it will happenimage

• thank you

thought i was to be honest

• NetherfieldNetherfield Posts: 120

Then a few weeks later you will think ' where did all that lot come from' , happens every year.

• WeeDeecWeeDeec Posts: 12

That's me just planted all my potatoes today image

• muddy maremuddy mare Posts: 106

planted mine on monday still got mains to put in .

• tiptonnictiptonnic Posts: 26

Mine went in last night

• sweet psweet p Posts: 15

I planted mine on the 4th of April and the first ones peeped through the soil on the 22nd, yours should be through any day now.

• ItalophileItalophile Posts: 1,647

My first Pentland Javelins have just poked their first leaves through the soil after less than two weeks.

• Help! I planted mine very early (mid Feb)...daft I know but succumbed to peer pressure and it was before I realised what a weird Spring we were to have. Nothing has appeared and I'm wondering whether to have a little dig to see what's happening down there. If nothing, then I could still replant. 

Is there a chance they are just sitting dormant or will they have rotted away with all the snow and frosts? I too suffer from veggie impatience I'm afraid!

Ali