Forum home The potting shed

vine weevil

2»

• TerryHTerryH Posts: 3

The bio 1020 is a natural product. I can even use it In my herb garden without having to worry about eating the herbs.

• I found vine weevil grubs in my hanging baskets containing strawberry plants.  To get there, the mature weevil must have crawled up the brickwork, along the bracket and into the basket.   Bio Provado didn't w0rk - any ideas??

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,262

@ TerryH. Sadly they do not seem to sell this stuff to the general public here. There is a product available in the trade which I assume is the same fungus, but it is very expensive, is sold in large quantities and once open has a very short shelf life. Very annoying.

@Goldfinch2 You need a good magnifying glass to see Vine weevil eggs, they are hardly visible to the naked eye. They look a bit like grains of sand.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,719

I use it on my fuchsias in pots, it does work very well, definitely not on strawberries I wouldn't want to eat it.

they don't fly, but boy can they walk miles!  They all lay eggs as well, no male or females.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• You are right about the self-life and the price. However, you don't need that much and I'm very attached to my climbing hortensias. One is older than me and I'm over 50.

I'm sure either Van Iersel or Citytree could offer you advice on availability in the UK. The Dutch have great language skills.

www.van-iersel.eu or www.citytree.nl

Let me know if you need assistance ...