Forum home Tools and techniques

Compost course

• The problem is not simply ensuring that things are sent for recycling. It is ensuring that the facilities for doing the recycling exist - actually reusing the materials.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,091

You're right GG. Mostly they don't exist do they?

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Not nearly as smart as yours, but it works!image

Looks pretty classy to me artjak. 

• Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,572
    Hi artjak ,im moving to Norfolk soon, can you give me any information on the course you did please it sounds very good

Alan4711

Alan 4711 (isn't that a cologne?) so fragrant Alan, the course is run once a year as far as I know, it took me 15 months wait to get on it; book it NOW! (sorry to shoutimage) Contact Norfolk Council. I have to go into my emails to get you the exact email address, so look out for next postimage

Alan, I'm back; email [email protected]

The whole point of the course is that we not only learn more about composting ourselves (no, not quite composting ourselves, ) but that we go out and proselytise about it to stop more rubbish going into landfill and incinerators, via stands at fetes etc. plus talking to people; friends, neighbours, relatives to persuade them to compost. Hopefully we achieve this without being crossed off everyone's dinner party listimage

NutC., Have you been watching the Sewing Bee competition on T.V.?

artjak, no I haven't but you're not the first person to mention it. Is it good, should I be watching? That would mean I'd be watching 2 programmes a week. Not sure if I can deal with that much TV

• bcosergiobcosergio Posts: 27

Getting back to the plastic bag debate, when I was growing up (over 20 years ago now....image) supermarkets in my town has cordened off areas with boxs for you to pack up your shopping. I never seen anything like this now. Maybe the occasional banana box at the end of a till, but nothing of the scale that it was. It strikes me that they now either recycle the cardboard themselves or bin it. 

I would like to see a return to the days of cardboard box areas which my stop some of the overuse of dreadful plastic bags.