Forum home The potting shed

BBC -entertainment or education?

• B3B3 Posts: 21,467
    Prosthetic for a spider
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,118

I'll give you a bit of help. It's total length is about 35cms, more or less.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,467
    Seed drilly droppy thingy.
    In London. Keen but lazy.

No, but if you were very rich you might have one for that.image

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

The best way to get information about plants and the most entertaining is to go on  a tour of a botanic garden like the Bristol University one with a volunteer guide or the Curator or one of the horticultural staff and do not be shy about asking questions that bother you. Next weekend is the Bee weekend in Bristol and all sorts will be going on including talks about bees.  I like just to amble round reading the excellent information boards and finding the plants they mention with my camera which is an extra eye really.It is open 10 till 4,30 and has refreshments so you can amuse yourself  for hours.  There is a Ritz of a bug hotel too to take home pics of insects to look up.  Tv could never compete with that for entertainment.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Nope. Come on you lot! Somebody said the internet and books held all the answers! Get a move on.image

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,037
    Bring back Bob Flowerdew. I learnt lots from him even if some of his ideas were a bit wacky!
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

It's a burnishing tool for gold leaf work image

It is indeed. It's a dog-tooth agate burnisher, specifically used by bookbinders and this one dates to the 19th Century. The handle is modern.

Did you know that because you rummaged around on the internet or because somebody passed the information on to you personally?

What type of cake do you like?image