i need a new spade

Hi everyone , Iam looking for a nice quality border spade, it must have a t handle, where is the best place to buy online ? What spade do you all rrecommend?

Thanks

Dave

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 12,252

You get what you pay for.

I suppose a lot depends on your height and so on. 

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • I don't mind paying for a good quality spade , I have a full size bulldog spade that I have had 20 + years but it gets a bit awkward in the borders so was looking for something with a smaller head image

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 7,395

Why not buy a ladies spade.  They are smaller and neater and would be ideal for your borders.   

We won't tell image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,954

As I'm a lady image I do all my digging with a border spade - I have a wooden handled Joseph Bentley stainless steel one and I'm very pleased with it image

I bought it via Amazon

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • richhondacrichhondac Posts: 207
    I like my spear and Jackson border spaide it's from Amazon but it depends on how big you want it ect
  • richhondacrichhondac Posts: 207
    Bulldog make a border spaide also
  • Thanks for the suggestions guys , its looking like I may have to buy a spade then buy a new handle as I can't find a spade with a t handle

Cheers

Dave

Sorry Dave, I'd missed that part of your query

This one has a tee handle http://www.gardenstreet.co.uk/premier-border-spade-p200/s8332?gclid=CO--pOmX0McCFRQTGwod55wDnQ

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • Perfect , thank you Dovefromabove that's just what i was looking for