The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

i need a new spade

Hi everyone , Iam looking for a nice quality border spade, it must have a t handle, where is the best place to buy online ? What spade do you all rrecommend?

Thanks

Dave

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 11,533

You get what you pay for.

I suppose a lot depends on your height and so on. 

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • I don't mind paying for a good quality spade , I have a full size bulldog spade that I have had 20 + years but it gets a bit awkward in the borders so was looking for something with a smaller head image

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 7,343

Why not buy a ladies spade.  They are smaller and neater and would be ideal for your borders.   

We won't tell image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,942

As I'm a lady image I do all my digging with a border spade - I have a wooden handled Joseph Bentley stainless steel one and I'm very pleased with it image

I bought it via Amazon

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • richhondacrichhondac Posts: 207
    I like my spear and Jackson border spaide it's from Amazon but it depends on how big you want it ect
  • richhondacrichhondac Posts: 207
    Bulldog make a border spaide also
  • Thanks for the suggestions guys , its looking like I may have to buy a spade then buy a new handle as I can't find a spade with a t handle

Cheers

Dave

Sorry Dave, I'd missed that part of your query

This one has a tee handle http://www.gardenstreet.co.uk/premier-border-spade-p200/s8332?gclid=CO--pOmX0McCFRQTGwod55wDnQ

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • Perfect , thank you Dovefromabove that's just what i was looking for