The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Removing Rosemary?

I need to dig out an old tatty rosemary, I have taken cuttings to hopefully relocate elsewhere next year but in the meantime, how much hard work is this going to be?

If I remove the main central root section under the base, I assume it isn't going to grow back..?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,966

No - the roots won't reshoot.

Stick your fork under the roots and ease them up then give it a good tug - they're not deep rooted - the whole rootball will probably come up image

Save the branches to dry and burn on the BBQ image

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 20,513

I've grown  some from seed Steve - couldn't believe how easy they were! The seed's quite old too  imagef you want some seed just PM me and I'll send you some - I don't think I'm going to need them all...image

to walk through a forest is to touch the past

• For some reason I thought I'd read somewhere that they have deep tap roots? Maybe they do but they aren't profoud!

We don't have a BBQ...

• That's very kind Fariygirl. Hopefully my cuttings will take! image

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 11,843

Dry or freeze the fresh green bits on the old plant and they'll still taste good in cooking.

The Vendée, France
    Steve the Gardening Vet wrote (see)

...  We don't have a BBQ...

Does Father Christmas know? image

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • Thanks Obelixx, I have a big bag of bits in the freezer already. image

Dove, I even try to avoid going to other people's BBQs, I can undercook meat quite adequately at home if I wish!

• B3B3 Posts: 5,994
    You don't have to cook anything. Just burn them for the lovely smell!
    In London. Keen but lazy.

What about a fire pit or chiminea to sit around on the evening with a glass of something cooling image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 16,127

off to a BBQ later this afternoon , but the host is a chef, so fingers crossed on the food front.

ps, Thought of you Steve as I drove along the Hog's Back the other day.

Devon.