One of my helebores

scotkatscotkat Posts: 196

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6900/dsc03831av.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Gold1locksGold1locks Posts: 499

Was there supposed to be a message with this, or are you just proudly showing off your Lenten Rose? image

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,645

Some of mine are like this and some have been in full flower for weeks.  They all need to have the old foliage removed asap as it shows off the flowers and lets the new foliage come through with a reduced likelihood of getting damaged or diseased by the old.

The Vendée, France
  • scotkatscotkat Posts: 196

The weather has been awful and just got rid of snow so will go out now and remove leaves as its a nice night now obelixx.

Goldilock I was sure I posted amessage image

Just been out and taken off leaves but its turned so so cold.

• Gold1locksGold1locks Posts: 499

Although they sulk a bit after being divided, the best time to do it is just after flowering. I have a lot of self sown Lenten Roses - all purple - but I also have a couple of Ashford Hybrids that have just  gone over and I divided them yesterday. Here's hoping they get over it. 

I have a nice lemon one that has been in flower since mid Feb and still in bloomGL.

• I bought one from b&q and loooooove it!!!! Can you take cuttings at all or just wait for it to seed. Only planted it about a week ago!
  • Once again a veritable feast of facts. Thanks!!!