Summer fruiting raspberry issues :/

I am a new and perhaps overzealous allotmenteer, I took on an allotment in may this year and discovered that I had inherited some fabulous summer fruiting raspberry canes. They fruited beautifully and the next years stems were there looking all healthy and vigorous and coming along nicely. Unfortunately I cut the fruiting stems down a bit early (about a month ago) so as to ready it all for next year. Now next years stems have grown to about 7ft and have started fruiting! What do I do? If I let them fruit will they still fruit next year? Do I cut them down a bit it just leave them. Thanking you in advance for any advice image

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 8,283

They are probably an autumn fruiting type.  Any canes of that type which are not cut down in February will fruit early (often earlier than summer fruiting types) and the new canes will fruit at their normal time in autumn, but with a much lower yield.  To regain control, cut them all back to the ground in February or, if you are getting decent crops, continue as you are and enjoy a double crop each year.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.