Forum home The potting shed

What has happened???

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,174

I feel a bit left out here! no one has sent me any PM's except dear Sam, and she is lovely. 

Oh and others re: seed swaps.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Pennine PetalPennine Petal Posts: 1,540
    Ignore the lot, Sam, who needs the hassle. No PMs for me, is that a bit like being the last one when being chosen for the football team, I wonder?

Best go, need to get on with some work today. Having a littlie(ish) lie in, was up at 3.30 this morning, couldn't sleep. Whe I was a teenager I could sleep through the night and get up on a Sunday when mum called me for lunch.
  • Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

My son went down with ME at the age of 15 following being concussed with a basket ball.  Long story - won't go into.  What was most distresssing to both of us was that not one of the doctors at our surgery diagnosed it or even tried to.  Having laid on the settee for 6 weeks, sleeping, not eating and looking like death warmed up, one of them asked if I would like him to have a blood test, which showed up what was the problem. Another 6 weeks and he was back on his feet again, albeit not the same boy. Now 33 but still suffers badly with fatigue and lack of appetite but has managed to hold down a job. Not nearly as bad as many others.

One doctor said to him, in an unpleasant manner 'get on with your life. What do you think would happen to this surgery if everyone acted like you'.  Was so shocked, I couldn't speak.

I'm so glad that it is now recognised as a long term illness and not malingering.

• Lyn, they are very unpleasant. Last night it was all calling each other liars and untrustworthy. I would much rather do without them my dear. Im happy where I am, chat to lovely people like yourself, pester poor Nutcutlet for advice, banter with a few and Im happy. Im not going anywhere other than the green house and even if I were, I would soon change my mind due to these emails. Some are very aggressive, abusive almost and very very rude!

• Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

It took me so long to write my post above that I did not see the posts from Verdun onwards. I thought all this business was over and done with. Sadly, that appears to be wrong.  It seems to me and I may be totally wrong, that this whole underhand, unpleasantness it meant to bring down this site. I am becoming very uncomfortable posting.  No pm's for me, thank goodness, as I have 'crossed' the leader. 

Time for the garden, me thinks.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,201

I haven't received any unpleasant PMs either, but I can't help feeling that Verdun has to be exagerating. There are many lovely people on this forum and he is talking about it closing. Why should it? Perhaps if we avoid mentioning this trouble things would perk up. But then I always was a bit of an ostrich! Looking back over posts I see very little of people actually being unpleasant, only people being worried and emotional.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,013
    I haven't received or sent any unpleasant emails. I won't be posting any more on here until it calms down and gets back to gardening.

Pam LL x
  • Miss BecksMiss Becks Posts: 3,468
    Which is why I haven't posted anymore Lizzie. I know I'm no longer welcome on here, which is understandable, but do want to point out that all this PM business is absolutely nothing to do with me. I haven't received any, and most certainly haven't sent any, to anyone, but I think people have put 2 + 2 together, and got 5, and as no-one has actually named who they are coming off, all presume it is me. It isn't. Hope you all have a lovely day. image
  • discodavediscodave Posts: 510

It does seem rather leading that there are plenty of posts re bullying in PM messages but we don't know who they are from & I think many could assume that they are comming from certain people and be entirely wrong. I haven't recieved anything along these lines and hope I don't. Its a shame that some peoples behaviour has reduced some people to tears. Whoever it is should be ashamed of themselves. 

This back biting, bullying, negative posting and derogatory comments are the main reason I hardly post here at the moment..

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    @ dovefromabove - a reminder that you need a new garden thermometer.