Forum home The potting shed

What has happened???

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436
    Dovefromabove wrote (see)

My daughter had ME throughout her teens and most of her twenties, following a really bad bout of glandular fever -

My husband contracted a virus of some kind with Mumps-like symptons. His cheeks still swell up on bad days and he looks like a chipmunk image

He spent the first year working fulltime hours from home because he wanted to keep his job and not live off the state and he thought it would pass. It didn't and probably set his recovery back some as a result, but hey ho, it could be worse.

• I had Glandular fever then they found the onset of Meningitis. I was diagnosed with it within 2 weeks and thats how its been ever since. I dont complain about it, I sometimes need to explain to people why I cant do certain things or why I need to sleep. Thats why I went self employed, I tried going back to work but they said i was a liability working with horses, so, I applied for loads of jobs and they kept saying yes until I told them about my condition. I gave up and started my own. I do not bad but can be hard for me as well as family and friends. My OH, Rab, gets quite upset when he sees me at my worst. Think he had more of a fright than anything. I couldnt get myself to my feet after a fall in the house and spilt hot soup all over me. Life is good though, dont get me wrong image

I live it to the best I can

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,201

Sam, you are so brave and you've done so much to your garden, incredible. Is your own business also to do with horses?

I get brambles in my shrubs because birds eat wild blackberries and then poo out the seeds when sitting in the shrubs! I mention that because Sam talked about brambles.image

I find it very hard to believe that anyone has been asked to disown anyone else. I think there must have been misunderstandings. Apart from obvious "trolls" (few and far between) everyone on this forum has been nice and helpful and often funny as well. image

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Right. I'm done with this malarkey. I have been bombarded with PM this evening with people doing the he said she said. I'm not interested unless its green, I can eat it or it smells pretty. I'm away to hide under a table until all this nonsense goes and then I might come back out, hopefully by summer image

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Astonished

• I'm an ME/CFS sufferer too.  Little and often, not easy with two sprogs.  Getting lots better,  was in a wheelchair when pregnant with number 1.

First step to recovery is accepting your life as it was has gone - maybe for a few years, maybe forever.  Getting a lot better, but no mountain biking, no riding, no swimming, no aerobics - these were my leisure activities before.

Worst thing is explaining what you have, and folks going 'OH, I think I've got that, I'm always feeling tired'.

They'd KNOW if they had it.image

• Im know what you mean muddy paws (feels funny saying mummy imageimage) My usual answer is 'Really? Wow, so you have all the pain and the aches, the lack of concentration, the down feelings and the frustration too?'

There are some things I am unable to do now but just get on with it. Its the old saying which seems very appropriate at this moment in tim...Don't let the Barstewards get yi down

Verdun, there are alot of lurgy up here at the moment image

GET WELL SOON Verdun image

• I agree with you. I was furious last night after some of the emails I received. I felt as though it was children playing at my ankles. Don't you be going anywhere Verdun and I really hope that in time this helpful and friendly person returns in time.