Forum home The potting shed

What has happened???

• LorrainePLorraineP Posts: 218
    nutcutlet wrote (see)

Don't go away folks. I'd be lonely now without you all.

Just ignore the crap. I do

My sentiments too.  I'm fairly new to the forum & have been really enjoying the experience.  I would be disappointed if people stopped using this forum.  I have learned so much in a short time and with a few giggles too.     

• Pennine PetalPennine Petal Posts: 1,540
    I've got a darning needle!
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I don't think we'll be damaged Verdun, we're stronger than that. 

• Zoomer, are you guys twins??? image

Verdun. Ignore it, report them. This has to stop. Where are the admin or moderators for the site? They can surely see whats going on? Is it not there job to sort this kind of thing out?

Dont get upset about it image These people are small minded and are acting very childish. 

Don't worry about it Verdun, one good thing about the cyber world is that you can be in more than one place at the same time. Relax and enjoy GW, it's not going anywhere. I would put a big smiley, but the iPad won't let me. I think you are in need of a cyber hug and a there there.
  • WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

These recent troubles are both alarming and ridiculous. I come here for gardening chat with gardening folk and nothing more.image

We can't be expected to like everyone, nor should we try. If offended by another's candor just remember that their English skills may not be the best, their humour might not match yours, their personality is lost to the ether. Typing something is not the same as saying it. Their inflexions are lost, there is no expression in face or voice, thats why there is a strict code of language on radio communication, to decrease the risk of misunderstanding.

Please stop this segregation, we are grown ups for heaven's sake. If you choose to use this forum, then be a part of it, not apart of it.

• Here here winter. I agree. Lets move on. The people that are wanting to segregate are welcome to. Hopefully GW will be a much happier place where gardening is the topic. This is becoming like facecloth lol image

• I really hope the weather keeps improving, it's not snowed here for at least a week!

Think if I were one of the moderators, I'd ask whoever has made the 'breakaway' forum to stop sending PM's to folk, it either needs to be open to everyone (by a thread inviting all), or they need to stop using GW forums as a vehicle for selective recruitment.  After all, if everyone boogies off to the new site, the last one here willl be asked to turn out the lights as they leave!

This has me paranoid now - I don't *think* it's me that folk have been asked to disown, (I think I know who it is, as there was some forking unpleasantness recently), but now I'm not sure.  I'm mostly harmless.  However, when feeling threatened, rather like my namesakes, I DO bite. Hard.

Wet and soapy Sam??? LOL? What' going o. In your garden then? Only primroses out in mine. How different to this time last year.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,431
    Hey Sam, i know someone who uses facebook just because he is a musician and needs it for business, he and his family call it arse book.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.