Forum home Wildlife gardening

Bournemoouth Air Show

Stood in my back garden watching for the Vulcan Bomber, didn't see the Bomber but saw this little beauty resting on my sweet peas, what a treat. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,716

We've had some beauties around the pond this week too - aeronautics at it's best image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

We had a frenzy of Migrant Hawkers till the sun disappearedimage

Then it rained, they must be hiding now

• Couple of weeks later than last year tho...........the damselflies arrived roughly on time but I found my dragonflies a bit tardy this year.

For some reason, mine always does a tour of the kitchen as well as the pond......must be my cooking which attracts himimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

They rarely come in the house here, unlike the batsimage

• The bats here ( only 2 or 3 as far as I can discern) stay in the garden.  I do miss my previous location when they lived in the roof and I could watch them leave every evening.

I used to count them religiously as they left......never stayed awake long enough to see them back to bed thoimage

• donutsmrsdonutsmrs Posts: 475

Thank you for all of your comments. Philippa, You are so lucky to see bats I have never seen one.