sunflowers

I have now arounf 8 sunflowers heading towards the 9 feet range,all grown from seed in small pots in February this year,absolutly amazing to see such giants from a small seed,1 in particular has developed around 10 budding heads on the same plant.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,237

Nature is wonderful isn't it?

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • hi busy - lizzie,how are you ? ive had another 2 of the sunflowers come out in bud today when I got home from work,so 6 from 8 at the moment iam really pleased.just 2 to flower which are budding but are only arounf 5 foot 6 inches tall,but are on the opposite side of the garden that doesn't get as much sun,what is it your growing ? and how much do you enjoy it.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,237

I have a large garden in France and grow lots of roses and flowers and vegetables. There are lots of fields round here full of sunflowers which are so pretty when they are out, their yellow heads follow the sun, but they don't last very long.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • hi busy lizzie,france ? well I bet that's nice at the moment, I am in England,weather hasn't been to good this year,but all flowers have been growing really well.my e mail address is

[email protected]

maybe you can e mail me and I can send some photos.

dave x