Who pays for Things

So I was wondering who paid for Monty`s new Greenhouse and Raised beds all8 of them .All duly filled with bags of compost not a bit of his garden soil in view.

Me or Monty

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

Who cares?

Who pays for Radio 3 ?-I do partly but have never listened to it-should I ask for a refund?

• marshmellomarshmello Posts: 683

Please......noooooooo  imageimageimage

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,626

None of our business and not our concern.  I have raised beds cos it's easier to work the soil in a cold, wet garden.  So does Monty now after a disastrous summer and winter for veggies in his soil and he's not alone with such problems so raised beds are a good way for him and many other gardeners to go.  I'd certainly like more.

I have a greenhouse to cos I need one. 

The Vendée, France
  • joslowjoslow Posts: 219

frenchcafe I am in agreement with you and have written to the Beeb to ask them.

• AtillaAtilla Posts: 1,493

I never thought about who pays (apart from one episode of Beechgrove last year when a BBC Scotland reporter, Eleanor Bradford, had her new garden done by the team!!!, nothing like a bit of nepotism).

I suppose Monty is famous enough to get plants/greenhouses for free/substantial discount. When a plant is mentioned on TV its sales shoot up.

I have asked them if he is payed a fixed fee and he decides how he spends his money or if he can just put in receipts  for any fixtures and fitting on top of his programme fee. 

Thanks that will be very helpful.

• blackestblackest Posts: 623

Does it honestly matter if he gets x and y or gets Z and pays for y where Z covers the cost of x and y?

Would you believe not everybody makes the same money as everybody else. Do you think he should be on minimum wage or something.

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

OMG here we go again!image

• I am confused sotongeoff-what has radio 3 got to do with a greenhouse?