Forum home Plants

Lupins

Hi, a couple of years back I planted out lots of Lupins that I grew from seed and for the past 2 years had amazing shows...now this year I'm worried as I'm sure the folage was coming up through the soil by this time...or am I wrong?....As yet I can see nothing!

• LeggiLeggi Posts: 489
    Mine are up but still small. I have them in pots near the house though which might keep them a little warmer. Be wary of slugs as they love them.

I saw some in B&Q for 10p for 6 a few days ago, absolutely kicking myself for not picking them up. Lovely plants.
  • Sue HSue H Posts: 415
    I bought some rooty bits in a packet for 29p. Put them in pots in my cold frame and they are all growing. Bargain? Not sure what colours they will be. All 3 look healthy. image
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • discodavediscodave Posts: 510

Mines the same, the one from last year isn't showing any signs of new growth. I don't know if its dead or not. Glad I sowed some seeds from it last year.  

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,471
    Mine are the same, but usually are the same each year , they do come back this frost has stunted them a bit. I pulled some pieces off the other day with bit of root and potted them up in greenouse, coming along great and will give me some more spares. I do this each year now , mine are dwarf white .

Bunny
  • My lupins are up already......but the snails have already appeared as well. I know it's the age old question for gardeners everywhere but what is the best cure for this problem???? I like to avoid pellets/chemicals if I can. At the moment I am picking them off regularly.........

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.