Cats

CLERCLER Posts: 59
I have worked hard on my veg plot getting the soil right. How will I stop cats from digging up the seeds I plant out. It is soul destroying to see it.

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Hi Cler, have a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW2tZUG8cpQ

One of his tips is lightly burying teabags sprayed with muscle spray (as you probably know, it stinks)! I'm going to try this myself, and they're my own cats!image

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

Cats again !!!-the search facility produce 383 results

http://www.gardenersworld.com/search/forum/cats/

have a readimage

• Sonic noise gun thing, and a hosepipe. Cats sorted (temporarily).

• optimaoptima Posts: 4

I once tried orange peel with some limited success but have had to purchase a powder called get off due to the cold weather.

• Pennine PetalPennine Petal Posts: 1,541

I put up with cats coz I love emimage

• LynLyn Posts: 8,374
    Chicken wire
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
  • I USE A DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN  WORK EVERTIME CAT AND FOXS STAY OUT OF MY GARDEN OR ELSE

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,618

I use mesh grid, bought as a kit to make a compost heap but it was far too holey and airy so I now use each sheet to cover a section of raised bed when I've newly hoed and sowed.   Works a treat and lets the plantlets come up with no worries and is easy to ligt off when they're big enough to cope.

Keeps the dogs off too and they have much bigger feet and grander digging ambitons in the case of the terrier.

The Vendée, France
  • sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806
    stupidoldgit wrote (see)

I USE A DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN  WORK EVERTIME CAT AND FOXS STAY OUT OF MY GARDEN OR ELSE

Yes of course you doimage

• LynLyn Posts: 8,374
    Unlicenced one of course, eh geoff?image
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.