does anyone know how toxic the plant I know as Shoofly is, I think it's called Nicandra.
http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Nicandra+physaloides"Although no mention of toxicity has been seen for this species, it belongs to a family that contains many species of poisonous plants so some caution is advised. It is normally the leaves and the unripe fruits that are most likely to be suspect, this family also includes many food plants such as potatoes, tomatoes, peppers etc."
"the foliage is toxic to mammalian herbivores and not often consumed"
Take your pick
The RHS says that 'it is not considered to be edible although there are no reports that it is toxic'
I've got quite a bit of it in my "cool garden area" It's the right colour though somewhat a prolific seeder.
Thanks all, I was given some plants and didn't know weather to plant or not.