Forum home Plants

ID if possible please!

I was given this a couple of months ago and it's still waiting to be planted out (Ive recently moved and gardening has taken a back seat!) Initially it was just a clump of dull, light green sword shaped leaves about 3-4" long.  It now has lovely, velvety deep mauve flowers on 4 stems 2/3' tall.  Flowers are almost lobelia shaped but petals come to a point rather than rounded. I'm hoping to plant it in my front border, which is south facing so wonder if it would be too warm?  Soil is dry and sandy but I intend to add some organic matter. Photo is refusing to download ( iPad mini) Thanks guys.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,356

can't help without a photo, Wish I could

Devon.
  • Will keep trying  - or fire up the laptop! 

yeah, go a bit "old school" with the laptop. image

Devon.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,059

I don't think you can download here via iPad/iPhone etc yet

Blow the dust off the laptop and have a go

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

all you techy types have to admit to the limitations of the " latest thing" image

Devon.

it might have dust on it,but it'll work. 

Devon.

It's these new startups like Apple - come outta nowhere and expect the beeb to cater for their new fangled productsimage
    I believe the beeb are working on a fix, but afaik you can't download to this site with iPad or iPhone at the mo.

I'm old school - PC's rule!

• Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

I upload photos from my ipad all the time. It's one of the things that works! 

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,209

I've uploaded photos from my iPad mini and other people have done it from iPads image

The main problem I've encountered is that the mini toolbar at the top of the new postings box is missing when using Safari with my iPad. 

If you download the Chrome browser app (or perhaps another browser) to your device and visit the site via that browser you do get the toolbar. You can then click on the tree icon as usual to upload photos.

I do, however, find Chrome really clunky to use on the iPad so only use it when I need to access the toolbar.

Safari & the site work fine together from an iMac or mac book.

I think there are still quite a few issues accessing and posting on the site from an iPhone

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down

My mistake - you live n learn