New Blog

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of setting up my own gardening blog. I know there's plenty already, but I would like to start one off, as it will help myself to learn more about plants and I will be able to take examples of my blog into any interview I get to work in a garden centre.

Do other people think I would be able to do this? And does anypne have any ideas what I could put on it? image

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 391

Well I thought of doing:

Plant of the week - with sowing and growing instursctions

A Q&A section (obviuosly I will have to learn things off the net and then reply)

Jobs to do that week that suit the weather conditions (similar to GW, I know)

A new space saving idea weekly

Links to different plant offers...

Thats all I got so far. I've just turned 16, but have been gardening since I was 9/10, so have taught myself a lot of stuff image  

And yes I have thought about it, however, I won't be able to apply for atleast the next month and a half, as I've got depression at the moment and Lyme Disease, so that why I've been on here a lot and sowing seeds image

I was going to hand my aplllication form in and hope to either geta  job or and apprenticeship, I don't mind either way, but would like to earn some money to put towards my garden.

• marshmellomarshmello Posts: 683

All those ideas sound good but how much time have you got. I have a Gardening and Photography blog but can only dedicate once a week postings on each as I've got other commitments.

Just be your self and let it develop with time.

At the moment, I have all the time in the world, I'm too ill to go to school and it doesn't look like I will be returning image 

Would you be able to post a link to your blog, as I'd love to see what you've done image

• Brilliant idea, go for it. However two words of warning/advice. Don't try to do everything at once. Build your blog so that those that read it will return as they were impressed the first time. If you disappoint them they may not return. Second, think about how you get the word out that your blog even exists. Some form of marketing will be necessary? Best of British.

Thankyou WW, it wil probably take me a good few weeks to get the blog how I like it and then it will be a next few weeks before I post my first thing on there, as I want to experiment with different writing styles to find out which one I prefer.

Also, I was hoping to advertise on here, I dont want to compete with GW and obviously know I'll never be that big, but might get some people reading it. And then theres Facebook and Twitter. I have already got a page called 'Keeping It Green' on both, so will probably call the blog the same image

http://aphotographersgarden.wordpress.com/

My blog which is linked to my photography (which I've just started) with a link to my flickr.

You can link your FB and Twit accounts too. 

I must admit it's more of a leisure thing, as opposed to anything serious. image

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 5,209

marshmello. Have just looked at your blog and its absolutely beautiful. The photographs really show how to doit. As they say a picture paints a thousand words.

I've seen the needle and the damage done
    A little part of it in everyone

Thankyou punkdoc for your kind words. image So utterly true, a picture and all that...