Forum home Plants

Bit the bullet! Here comes spring...

Well I bit the bullet and my seeds have been sown! Bring on spring/summer!!

• bookmonsterbookmonster Posts: 399

I hope so! The weather is certainly improved this weekend.

• Yes although we have quite a heavy frost today!
  • Pennine PetalPennine Petal Posts: 1,540
    Spring sunshine, but I still have a foot of snow in half of my garden. I will resort to gardening mags instead.
  • Yes your right, we get up in the morning and check then again at tuck up time!!!

So sown is/are...

Sweet peas

Sweet peppers

Dwarf red dahlia

African marigold

Gazania

Perennial lobelia

Primula root

Agapanthus

Cheap bulbs that look like allium but they aren't!!

Potatoes in tubs in conservatory!
  • SinevegasSinevegas Posts: 55

Love it! good skills Red, I started 3 weeks ago. some doing well others not so much but i just could'nt wait!

now though i have a back log for the windows -

next week looks better though. moving plants out bit by bit to green house.

planted out summer bulbs today. been waiting to do that forever. they are in a massie planter in front garden under kitchen window ( more like small raised bed)

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,877

I'll start my spring sow this week. I've been very unenthusiastic about it all. Cold outside, cold in the GH, though better if the sun comes out. Just can't get the neccessary push.

• It's because I took a week off work to ride, garden and do house hold jobs and DIY. Well 2 of the 3 have been done!!!

Back to work on tues and then the garden becomes my escape and switch off time!

Horrid thing is the oil ran out last night so we are blooming cold, except the conservatory will still be warm with the heater keeping them going!!! image
  • blackestblackest Posts: 623

Same here with the oil, annoying thing is how much more it costs when you go to pick some up. Apparently it costs more to maintain the pump than to drive a Lorry a 20 mile round trip...

On the plus side a (relatively local garage) has started selling oil in drums and its open 24 hours.  

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,183
    blackest wrote (see)

Same here with the oil, annoying thing is how much more it costs when you go to pick some up. Apparently it costs more to maintain the pump than to drive a Lorry a 20 mile round trip...

On the plus side a (relatively local garage) has started selling oil in drums and its open 24 hours.  

Do you have one of those wireless gauges for measuring the oil? We had one at previous house and it seemed to work well. Phoned the oil people when it got to a certain level  and they were usually out within a day or so.image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....