RHS Online Plant Shop

Having recently been burnt by Crocus with a really abysmal quality of plants, I am now more reluctant to buy what I can't first see, online...but I'm also so tempted by sites that seem to offer all the plants I desperately want and my garden centre doesn't stock!

Has anyone had either good or bad experiences with the RHS Online Plant Shop, by any chance? Being RHS sort of gives a (possibly) false sense of security that it is problem-free...any advice very welcome image

• mike wmike w Posts: 43

Hi Jess In The Garden

I have never bought from RHS, exorbitantly priced !!!

Regards

Mike W

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

Having been to Wisley and seen the price of plants at twice the price you can buy elsewhere of similar quality and size-tend to agree with the last statementimage

• Ok, thanks to both! Yes, Wisley is very dear...

• HeliotropeHeliotrope Posts: 30

Just adding my penn'orth.  I've not bought from the RHS but a friend was very disappointed with recent purchases. 

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

I think the RHS uses Crocus in any case.

• Crocus? Really?! I had a bad experience with them too image Thanks all, think I'll avoid RHS then...

• AtillaAtilla Posts: 1,493

Not had any problems with Crocus and they normally have a good rep. Duchy nursery is good buy is now £12 delivery!

• £12!!! What do they use- gold-plated courier vans?!!

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

This quote was from a Daily Telegraph article of a few days ago:-

''The online garden centre Crocus is supplying the Waitrose online range in a
    unique partnership with the supermarket, which is using the Crocus name rather
    than selling a “white label” offering. Crocus also partners Next, RHS and The
    Daily Telegraph online garden websites''

• Interesting...