Forum home Talkback

What happens when you leave your boyfriend unattended!!

I left my boyfriend unattended today! He and the dog seemed to get a bright idea and now I have 2 arches in my tiny back garden and new guttering and Waterbutt (unfinished!) Apparently the arch near the veg bed if for our climbing French beans and the green arch near the lawn and boarders is for sweet peas. Didn't have the heart to tell him I'm about a month off planting any if those. Take a look and let me know what you think...

• Howay man pet.  Oh gawd, it's that time of night when I am revealing my Geordie leek-growing roots and what I call every woman from my mother to my granddaugther, so please do not take offence.  Like Verdun, I can't see the pic, but I reckon your BF has got the gardening bug. That is good.  He's done it in good time for the ground to settle and should be applauded.  Anyway, if you're worried, I'm sure you can "prepare" the ground in the next couple of weeks which will make him thnk you are appreciative.  Red Dahlia, eh?  I take it you're not the Bishop of LLandaff then?

• To be honest Verdun, I'm not a football fan at all, never have been.  By the way, Sunderland people are "Makems" (as we geordies call them).  Geordies are from the Newcastle area, Sunderland is in Wearside, a wonderful area with wonderful people, but a separate culture.  And if anyone calls the commentator on Big Brother a "Geordie" they're more wrong, as he's a Teessider, from Middlesbrough area - even further South...somewhere I've worked and loved at the time, but another different culture.  Seriously, North-East England is a minefield (and we've even missed out Durham in the middle!)

Anyway, I'm an adopted Cumbrian now, so I've taken my native leek/onion growing culture to the Furness Peninsula, but have never got used to the higher rainfall/snails

• blackestblackest Posts: 623

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGetPUqCUAAVYAp.jpg:large

hope that helps, if you want to know how to do this message me image

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

I think you should think up some more garden jobs for him - he's obviously keen!

• Thanks blackest. Can't post pictures direct from iPhone. I'm reliant on helpful PC people! I think I may need to think if more jobs!!!!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,833

Red Dahlia - you've obvously got a good'un there - if you can't think of any more jobs at the moment, perhaps you could hire him out? image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• discodavediscodave Posts: 510

I think its pretty good that he went out of his own accord and did that. My OH is getting more into gardening now finally and will get excited about doing more than just mowing the lawn. Looking at things in my gardening books and getting a 'oh, thats really nice' or 'could we get one of those' instead of hhmmff mumble mumble. 

• Mine too, DD. He even bought a clematis for the garden, a real first! He still likes mowing best, though.