Unknown edible in garden what is it??

Any help is always appreciated! image

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    Where is this fruit growing? It looks like a member of the squash family. Marrow, etc.
    • the plant is growing in my little patch in my garden and is spreading vigourously do you know what type it is? image
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 8,281

Difficult to tell at this stage Ryan but as the fruit gets larger the shape and colouring should help us to ID it.  Keep us updated. image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • okay thanks i will image its my first year growing this type of Veg but i love it! the fruit swells each day 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,920

It looks like a winter squash or pumpkin.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • I was actually told it was a pumpkin but the fruit isn't round? That's my only problem
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

hi looks just like some of mine and they are pumpkins which are now becoming prolific. planted giant atlantic pumpkins this year however it is a trial and i have not pinched out any leaves they grow amazingly quick.

i have three which are at least 15ft long with small fruits like yours branching off so might get some?

i water them most days as they are greedie feeders and i have so much comfrey feed weekly which is unbelievable as a feed.

let us know how they do happy gardening

• chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

hi i forgot i read a while ago that you can eat the leaves from the pumpkin plant

any one got any recipes as i have got lots

thanks