Forum home Problem solving

calling the forum cooks

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,421

about 40 I should think Lyn. I can do early start, if I'm still asleep at 5.30am things are abnormalimage

It doesn't take long Dove, I can do itimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • cathy43cathy43 Posts: 373

Have you ever tried small chunks of cheese in the scone. I haven't but have had it in a local bakery. Unfortunately my scones are like rock so I have stopped trying image

• annmarie 2annmarie 2 Posts: 155
    cathy grate the cheese before hand, melts lovely and use the rub in method just like making bread a bit messy on your fingers but worth it don't give up

Annmarie2 I've just read your recipe and mine has much more milk (actually buttermilk) maybe thats the problem. What gets me is that I find pastry easy but scones and shortbread - which are supposed to be easy - always ends in the bin! I'll give the scones another go image

• annmarie 2annmarie 2 Posts: 155
    sounds like you solved it cathy milks to heavy ... have fun sticky fingers and all

I have semi skimmed cow milk or Alpro Light soya. Which is best?image

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,336

I only have semi-skimmed cow's milk Nut.

Always does the job for me although I believe buttermilk is the very best for scones.

Happy baking image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down

Can you get here by 10am tomorrow Jo?image

Good idea though. I hate milk, coffee should be black and tea is poisonousimage

Righto, you know where I liveimage